Michael was born in San Diego, California but grew up splitting time between schooling in California during the Fall and Winter months, and working “vacations” in Central Utah on his grandparent’s poultry and vegetable farm through late Spring and Summer. From age 8 until he graduated from high school, summers on the farm taught Michael the value of hard work, the Law of the Harvest, sound money management and the fundamentals of business.
After graduation from Hilltop High School in Chula Vista, California, he attended Southwestern Junior College before accepting a call to serve a two-year proselyting mission to the South Pacific for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. After his honorable release from missionary service, Michael was accepted at Brigham Young University - Provo, Utah, majoring in environmental ecology. Concurrently, to earn his way through school, he found a part time job with Nature’s Way Products, Inc., a botanical supplement manufacturer selling into the North American Health and Natural Products Industry. Due to his keen interest in health and healing, plus skills in sales and sales training, Michael took a position in the sales department, advanced to regional sales manager and finally to Corporate Vice President of Education Services.
In 2001 due to growing interest in money and personal finance he decided to change his career path and became a licensed registered representative and licensed insurance agent. Realizing that the “Baby Boomer” phenomenon would dramatically change the landscape of investing and retirement planning, Michael became an Investment Advisor Representative in 2006 in order to take full advantage of the power and risk control of “active asset management”. Since then, he has specialized in building close client relationships to create and implement full and effective financial plans to negotiate the sharp curves, the ups and the downs of life’s often bumpy road.
Michael is active in church and community, a staunch supporter of Brigham Young University and an avid fisherman. He has coached youth baseball, softball and basketball and has served two terms as vice chairman of his local political precinct. He and his wife Gayle, long time residence of Orem, Utah, have been blessed with 6 wonderful children.
- Securities Licensing Series 65
- Licensed Utah Mortgage Loan Originator
- Licensed Life Insurance – Agent Producer; UT, NV, CA
Services, Products and Solutions
- Assessment, planning, design, implementation and periodic plan/portfolio review for financial success
- Easy access to state-of-the-art client websites for reporting, review and account-ability
- Active, tactical and strategic investment solutions for IRA, SEP, SIMPLE, 403(b), Roth IRA, Solo(k) taxable and custodial accounts
- Higher Education Planning
- Group Retirement Plans, 401(k), Profit Sharing and Defined Benefit Pension Plans
- Business and Estate Continuation Planning
- Term Life Insurance
- Permanent (cash value) Insurance: Indexed, and Universal
- Annuities – Indexed and Fixed
- Residential Mortgage Loan Origination – purchase and re-finance options
- A full service office environment offering tax preparation, personal and business accounting, Estate Planning and Entity Establishment legal services